Yeast Infection In Woman (Monilial Vaginitis)
Yeast infection (in women and men) main article provides a comprehensive look at the who, what, when and how of yeast infection (in women and men) vaginal yeast infection: infection of the vagina caused by a fungus known as candida.
- Itching and irritation in the vagina and the tissues at the vaginal opening (vulva)
- A burning sensation, especially during intercourse or while urinating.
- Redness and swelling of the vulva.
- Vaginal pain and soreness.
- Vaginal rash.
- Watery vaginal discharge.
Vaginal yeast infections are caused by the organism candida albicans. Yeast Infections are very common and affect up to 75% of women at some point in their lifetime. The main symptom of a vaginal yeast infection is itching, but burning, discharge, and pain with urination or intercourse can also occur.