Hematemesis is the vomiting of blood, which may be obviously red or have an appearance similar to coffee grounds. Melena is the passage of black, tarry stools. Hematochezia is the passage of fresh blood per anus, usually in or with stools.
- Shortness of breath, especially during exercise.
- Chest pain, especially during exercise.
- Fainting, especially during or just after exercise or exertion.
- Sensation of rapid, fluttering or pounding heartbeats (palpitations)
- Colorectal cancer.
- Crohns disease.
- Ulcerative colitis.
- Other types of inflammatory bowel disease, inflammatory bowel syndrome, or ulceration.
- Rectal or anal hemorrhoids or anal fissures, particularly if they rupture or are otherwise irritated.